you decide yours

The concept of hating on someone else's preference

It always gets into my nerves when someone openly hates on others' preferences and tries to downgrade them whether explicitly or implicitly. When I said this statement, it doesn't mean that life is only filled with the rainbow and sunshine and I completely exclude or even out of sudden being clueless about the concept of hating on others. I, myself am even hating on some particular aspects which I better not mention. It's just that, I don't brag about it, primarily when someone else likes that stuff. Thus, for me, the word avoiding is the best way to choose instead of keeping myself involved in those areas.

On the flip side, recently, so many people enjoy being labelled as cool, sassy and savage. (I bet you start to mumble the melody) So, the joke they've taken around nowadays is like degrading someone else's preferences, particularly someone else's interest. I even get so confused sometimes, it's like.. the people who are doing this are not the ones who lack information, knowledge and education, more or less they should have been understanding better cognition related to this matter as "respecting other interests" without having to mock it, whatever it is. 

Well, I'm not gonna say any names cause it happens a million times. Even some of my friends are still doing this shit- whether they are joking or not but the fact that they've said a nasty mockery which comes out from their mouths is horribly insensitive to be said to a particular person. Ngl though, someone may look fine as heaven with your way of joking, but this one particular thing should be highlighted the most; can you guarantee that the people whom their interests you've degraded on have approved genuine consent with your mockery? Think about it. 

It's not a big deal to prefer shutting my mouth up over a way of starting a confrontation as initiating the turmoil for the sake of filling up my egos. Also that feeling of being superior because we all have this cognitive bias our my head which is saying mine is solely the best. Well, as I have this tendency to rebel against too much talking, the matter of keeping Reserved and quiet applied agreeably and reasonably for me. Just shut your mouth if you don't have any decent thing to say.

This matter exists anywhere whether in your being as an individual or as social human beings. It can be yourself who faces this chronic behavioural problem and you finally project the negativity towards the others or it can be there in a specific person in one of your circles.

Frankly, It's nothing when it happens once or twice, but when it comes regularly every time you talk about your interest then they start to mock you for liking those stuff, then the blame is on them, not you. They got these issues which may be a trigger for them to do this prosecution. So yeah, don't feel bad or silly in liking and supporting a person or stuff which attracts you the most. As long as it does not harm others and it makes you happy, go on doing what you love.


xoxo

Diniar

Comments

Popular Posts